* Is “pinging” dead? It used to be one of the top tips on blogging: always use “pinging” services to tell important sites, like Technorati, that you’ve just updated your blog. Pinging helped your blog get more traffic and backlinks. Today, however, one blogger says pinging is no longer necessary. What do you think?
* Like this blogger, I too have just discovered the free and easy note-taking took called Evernote. I now keep Evernote open all day long, and copy & paste juicy stuff from around the web there. It’s a great way to permanently store urls, thoughts (mine and other people’s), post ideas and more.
* In the Christmas spirit, check out “12 Days of Blogging”:
“…every day, you’ll get a post filled to the brim with links to tips from some of the best bloggers around the world. Some of these names you may recognize. Others will probably be brand new to you. Either way, there will be over 75 bloggers featured as part of this series!
“Every day, you’re invited to leave links to any post you have that is relevant to the topic of the day – and I’m hoping you’ll take full advantage of this opportunity to promote your own work!”
* Is it possible to “Learn SEO in 30 Seconds”?
* Speaking of SEO, here are “9 SEO Insights You Must Follow” — for instance, here’s what you need to know about your blog’s page title:
“The page title needs to be under 70 characters and no more than 3 long tail keywords in the page title. Your most important keyword should be first and each keyword should be separated by pipes (|).”